Hannah Lloyd CSAC - Substance Abuse Counseling

Something to consider...

Categories

Nutrition
powered by

My Blog

Awareness

Recovery brings increased awareness of our sensations and health indicators.
One of the things I have discovered through testing and family members distress, is that I have Celiac Disease.  I would not have known to have this checked but for my daughter's celiac crisis and subsequent conversation with my family physician.
Like a lot of my peers, I have not been the best at seeing a physician for regular check ups, labs, etc. and now I know that Celiac is an auto-immune disease.
Now this was a surprise as I had no symptoms other than some joint discomfort and a very resistant skin rash on my arm that wouldn't go away.  FOUR days on a gluten free diet, and both are gone!
Now I'm an advocate for eating gluten free, organic, non-GMO foods.
After listening to the Gluten Summit a couple of weeks ago, I discover other foods that are perceived by my digestive system as gluten (falsely) but may be causing damage nonetheless.
The Asian medical systems have long believed that "food is medicine" and that really makes sense to me.
Anyone who suffers from allergies, digestive problems, joint pain, or skin issues should consider asking for the lab work required to diagnose auto-immune disease.
After all, who'd want to stay clean and sober if we didn't feel optimally good?

6 Comments to Awareness:

Comments RSS
luxury watches online on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 1:12 PM
An fascinating dialogue is value comment. I believe that you must write extra on this topic, it may not be a taboo subject however typically persons are not sufficient to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers
Reply to comment

reflexology back pain on Monday, July 13, 2015 12:06 PM
Honestly, your pleasure involving approaching your current blog! ones focused method for you to see factors will be what attracted me. Thank you! !
Reply to comment

Tony on Thursday, May 31, 2018 6:28 AM
Great!
Reply to comment

Ibsen on Monday, June 04, 2018 4:24 AM
you have shared very useful information.
Reply to comment

best essay writing on Friday, June 22, 2018 7:44 AM
Thank you Hannah for this information. I highly appreciate the concerns you have for raising the awareness for Autoimmune diseases. We have been living in a world of abundance of our needs. Sometimes, people tend to consume food, beverages, and medications that are sometimes incompatible to our bodies. It is a good thing that Medical Sciences have advanced enough that we can detect symptoms in the early stages and prevent further complications to the affected individuals. Furthermore, your advocacies are outstanding. Good luck!
Reply to comment

Luxury tag-heuer watches on Thursday, July 12, 2018 1:54 AM
Provide a variety of Luxury watches including Breitling, Omega, Cartier, Tag Heuer, Associated Press and other Luxury tag-heuer watches , Luxury montblanc watches .
Reply to comment